Since march 1978, the local branch Nijmegen of the VERON issues the Noviomagum Certificate.
On the occasion of 70 years "Operation Market Garden" the rules to obtain the Noviomagum certificate have been altered.
- The award is available to licensed amateurs and SWLs.
- You need either a total of 10 HF points or a total of 30 VHF/UHF/SHF points for an application of the Noviomagum award.
- All QSL-cards valid for the award will show the text: "This QSL-card is valid for the Noviomagum award."
- There are no limitations in date, band or mode.
- You can apply for the award by sending an extract of your logbook to the Award Manager. This extract needs to be signed by two licensed HAM's or a clubofficial.
- The fee for the award is the postage fee for (a) The Netherlands, which is EURO 5 in an envelope or EURO 7 in a tube. For (b) EU within the EU Union Euro 5 or US$ 7, for (c) EU outside EU Union US$ 7 and (d) the rest of the world US$ 10.
- Download the application form here: Award Application.
- The address for the application is: Award Manager Noviomagum Certificate
Jan van Beuningen, PBØAEZ
NL-6531 VC NIJMEGEN
Each confirmed contact counts per band for 1 point, multiplied with the appropriate multipliers as indicated below.
- Contacts with the clubstation PI4NYM: x 3.
- HF bands - contacts made outside of Europe: x 2.
- Only for the Netherlands - contacts made by a station with an N-license: x 2.
- Contacts made on/above 432 MHz: x 2.
- Contacts made on/above 144 MHz: distance QTH - Nijmegen (JO21wt) 50-100 km: x 1.5 or distance QTH - NIjmegen (JO21wt) >100 km: x 3.
- Special Multiplier PA7ØOMG - One QSO with special event station PA7ØOMG: x 3.
- Special Multiplier PA7ØOMG - One QSO confirmed with a QSL-card of special event station PA7ØOMG: x 2.
Good luck and happy hunting!